Lauren Lee, Research Fellow at Transitional Justice Working Group (TJWG) explains how grassroots human rights group can use the UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detention (WGAD). This video is part of a series on how documenters can utilize the UN system.
· Working Group on Arbitrary Detention: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Detention/Pages/WGADIndex.aspx
· Model questionnaire to facilitate placing cases before the Working Group: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Detention/Pages/Contact.aspx
· Revised Fact Sheet No. 26: The Working Group on Arbitrary Detention (Advance unedited version, 8 February 2019): https://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Issues/Detention/FactSheet26.pdf
· OHCHR Fact Sheets: https://www.ohchr.org/en/publicationsresources/pages/factsheets.aspx
· Opinions adopted by the Working Group on Arbitrary Detention: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Detention/Pages/OpinionsadoptedbytheWGAD.aspx
· United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention Document Search: https://www.unwgaddatabase.org/un/